In the summer months, I love nothing more than an iced cold smoothie filled to the brim with fresh ingredients. I’m always on the hunt for a variety of summer smoothie recipes and when I perfected this one, I knew I had to share it! It’s got the veggies, the protein, the healthy fats and the fruit. What more could you want?
Every morning, my routine look likes this: long walk with Soph, workout, make breakfast. Most days as of late, I’ve been making this recipe on repeat. I know you’ll love it too!
- Ice (I typically use 2-3 ice cubes)
- 8 oz of liquid (unsweetened almond milk or coconut water are my go-to’s)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of blueberries
- handful of spinach (fresh or frozen both work great)
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder (both taste great!)
These ingredients make one smoothie, double if making two servings.
- Combine everything into a blender (this is the one I have!) and blend.
I recommend making this and then letting it sit for 10 minutes. This gives the chia seeds enough time to soak up some of the liquid and expand.
Hope you enjoy! Xx